When you have a passion aka your own business, it doesn’t always mean you can handle everything on your own. Freelancers or virtual employees can help you get the job done especially if it is outside of your expertise or non-income producing work. For example, anyone can throw a photo up as a cover photo on Facebook, but it doesn’t mean it will look professional and give your business a great first impression. It’s easy to design a drag and drop or prefab website but is this something that is going to make your business stand out…probably not. Some days the mundane tasks of trying to run all of your social media outlets can be given to someone more knowledgeable and someone who has a passion for it.
Need more convincing?
Freelancer or Virtual Staff:
- are very knowledgeable in their field(s).
- charge you for the work and time spent on the project, not the bathroom breaks, lunch with friends and looking on Facebook.
- cover their own health insurance, retirement savings and there are no vacation days or sick days for you to pay for.
- understand that doing the job with excellence and promptly are key to getting additional referrals and a great reference.
- have the tools, office space, software that they use so you have less overall costs into your budget also less training costs.
- can work flexible hours and you can hire them by the hour, project or monthly for recurring tasks.
- are flexible and respond to you quickly at all hours of the day and night.
- handle their own taxes, so you pay no payroll taxes on them.
- can help you be more creative.
- will help you be more competitive.
- can be your right hand, know what you want when you don’t even know, the key is having a great relationship with them.
- will make you their top priority, especially if you pay quickly and are great to work with.
Need another alarming number to help you make the freelancer/virtual decision? Studies have shown that employers pay $759 billion each year on work that isn’t actually done.
This is just a small number of reasons to hire a freelance or virtual worker. Do what fits your needs best, but allows you to increase your work that truly matters most. Free up some time to have a better work/life balance, or whatever you find works best for your situation. Need to talk about an upcoming project you need help with or reoccurring needs? Let’s schedule a free call today!